"Your brain has too many tabs open..close them" - A thread on overthinking
- Your brain has too many tabs open..close them.
- We suffer more often in imagination that in reality.
- Overthinking leads to problems that don't even exist in the first place.
- If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.
- If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind also.
- Sometimes you need to hit pause & press next, because not everything you tell yourself is true.
- Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.
- When you’re thinking and thinking about something then ask yourself: Will this matter in 5 years? Or even in 5 weeks?
- Direct your focus fully outward instead of inward. Two good ways to get outside your own head are: 1. Help someone else out. 2. Exercise.
- Keep your mind off things that don't help you think positively.
- You're loved, someone out there loves you more than you think.
- You ain't bothering anyone at all, they would love to hear more of your thoughts.
- Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.