‘Frankenstein’ material can self-heal, reproduce (sciencemag) - report about the paper "Biomineralization and Successive Regeneration of Engineered Living Building Materials"
- Living building materials (LBMs) were grown and regrown using physical switches
- Cyanobacteria biomineralized hydrogel-sand scaffolds
- Biomineralization increased the fracture toughness of LBMs
- Three child generations of LBMs were grown from one parent generation
- Microbial viability in the living building materials was maintained through 30 days